Sunday, July 4, 2010

Big Win Week!

Mark: the end of my first week of training for the Flatrock25 in September.

3 4K runs, a 5K and a 7K. The 5K just happened to coincide with the running of the Chisholm Trail Festival 5K here in Newton, so I signed up. I had to walk 3 blocks due to starting too quickly and tweaking my left calf muscle, but I fought the rest of the way and kept up my jog. It was especially hard through the last 4 blocks, but fortunately Maggie was there to bike beside me the rest of the way. What a great help! But I bounced back nicely today with a 7K on the Sand Creek Trail in North Newton, being internally present, tackling it piece by piece, cheering myself on. I kept up my jog all the way, with some ebbs and flows in the pace, but I'm proud to say I did that! That's not quite 1/3 of the distance I'm training to run.

On to week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment