Friday, January 8, 2010

21st century, 1st decade

Thanks to Allison for this inspiration


In January of 2000 I was:

-adjusting to the news that I was becoming a father and husband (Technically a husband much sooner than I was functionally a husband. That one took a while.)
-without a vehicle
-living in Emporia, KS
-a renter
-working as a bartender
-a college dropout
-22 years old
-dyeing my hair black
-120 pounds
-a cat-owner
-sporting a goatee
-without goals


In January of 2010, I am:
-father to a 9 year old daughter and a 4 year old son who are my joy and my bane :)
-dedicated to being a partner with my wonderful spouse
-driving a minivan, with a scooter for warm days, and a truck that I can't figure out what to do with.
-living in my hometown of Newton, KS
-a mortgage-payer (not a homeowner, big difference)
-working as a fundraiser for Bethel College
-a college graduate (this still makes me melty happy)
-32 years old (although more often than not I have to think about how old I am before I answer)
-quickly going gray/grey depending on your side of the Atlantic
-160 pounds
-a dog owner
-determined to grow a beard
-driven to make the world a better place, a more tolerant existence

No comments:

Post a Comment