Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First day back

I sit here watching "A Prairie Home Companion" the movie and I'm not yet overwhelmed by the enormity of the world. I successfully reached the point during our Walnut Valley vacation where I was several times unsure what day it was. Now I come riding full tilt in to my world where what day it is, and the time during that day, is of ultimate importance; an adjustment to be sure.

Today I did all morning meetings trying to figure out who talk to and when and how; I did confrontations with balls I dropped that turned into 8-balls I was behind; I did a little creativity; I did some listening, but more talking; I laughed a little and frowned too much; I did some parenting and far too little husbanding; I have no idea how to talk to my nine year old about school. Her soul is so light, I hate to burden it with the weight of often arbitrary expectations. I do my best but parental failure is in my DNA.

Right now I'm avoiding the laundry and my church responsibilities, pondering my love of ambiguity in a world that requires certainty, pondering my certainties in a world that could use more ambiguity.









































There you have the bipolar Tyner kids and their breakneck penchant for changing moods. Yay. I think Maggie really appreciated me taking photos of her indignation.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment