Thursday, June 18, 2009

Way back in nineteen-hundred and sixty-seven

I can't begin to tell you the joy I experienced on a recent evening, in our basement, slung in various states of repose around the room, cuddled tight in blankets and watching The Beatles animated movie Yellow Submarine with the kids. I've always loved the movie so much but haven't gotten it out since Maggie was a toddler. Lennon is so in to being named after a Beatle and bringing it all to him in cartoon form was a great time. As we watched, all singing along, learning the words as we went, I experienced the unique beauty of sharing a deep passion of mine with my children--who are in fact my deepest passion. The kids would occasionally check themselves on making sure they knew which Beatle was whom, ask me to clarify storyline (not easy in a fairly trippy plot), or ask questions about the individual Beatles' personalities. In the end, Maggie told me she really wanted a CD with all the movie songs on it. I probably can't wait until birthdays or Christmas to bestow that gift.




















No comments:

Post a Comment