Friday, May 1, 2009

I weep under the weight of humanity that has gone before

I was looking through some of my friend Peter's photos. He's on a service mission in the Middle East. As I looked through his photos of Lebanon, I was moved and overwhelmed at the vastness of day to day emotions that have lived on this earth through the millenia. Here were only a few photos of one small corner of earth where for thousands of years people have worried, feared, wept, loved, smiled, laughed, slept, had sex, starved, wanted, endured, created, sang, and died. The size of each of those things in my life, multiplied by untold millions, literally leaves me short of breath. Here are a couple of Peter's photos, shared without permission, but with a request for his forgiveness.















No comments:

Post a Comment