Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year.

Here it is. A major undertaking for 2009. Megan has convinced me that I should blog so I’ve chosen to create a wordpress account. I’ve titled it “I shouldn’t be king” because I expect to explore a lot of opinions and positions that reinforce that very point. Besides that, when debating politics and religion, I often offer two points of view: that of my mythical kingdom, and that of the way I know things should be.

We’ve just ordered a new camera in order to stop borrowing Mary’s (Megan’s mom) so once we get that I look forward to posting pictures of the fam and the house etc.

I begin this blog in the context of a mixed up world. Continued murder in Gaza, the impending financial ruin of perhaps the whole world, the prediction of a nuclear war in the next 10 years (can’t remember where I read that), Jayhawk basketball and bowl games all rule the day. My beautiful children, Maggie and Lennon, are 8 and 3, respectively, and Megan and I are in our early thirties and just starting to feel grown up.

So I guess my goal will be at least one post per day, although perhaps this will turn into a constructive (?) replacement for my Facebook addiction.

Here’s to the New Year, may it bring us peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment